Pages

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Bathroom update


I wanted to "re-do" the guest bath in my home. I wanted to make it more little girlish for my little girl. I took photos of the before and after. I'm still working on over the toilet things, but it will be done soon!! So excited for this room in the house to be 90% done.


I bought a rug with flowers on it and was inspired to paint something similar on a canvas for the wall. I had a coupon for Michael’s so I went to look at what they had. I got a two pack of large canvas for $5.49!! My coupon was a 50% off!! So I came home and started painting. I made the flowers similar to the rug. 


The bird canvas I came up with from another blogger. I saw what she did on Pinterest and fell in love with it, and knew I could do something similar. (http://ashleyannphotography.com/blog/2010/01/13/diy-paper-bird-painting/). My version is a little different as I added my own flair. I used a pencil to draw out what I wanted. I picked out the paper I wanted from my scrap book supplies. Put Mod Podge on the back of the leaf's and the bird and then on top also making sure you get all the bubbles out. If your paper smear's you can touch up the canvas with a little white paint. I was lucky and didn't have to do that. I also don't have a brown paint, so I had to mix my own.  Paint on your twigs and then seal the canvas with your mod podge. 


Hang and enjoy! I am really enjoying the new look in the bathroom!

No comments:

Post a Comment