Pages

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Chocolate Covered Smores


Where I work we have this “rule” that if it’s your birthday you bring in a birthday treat for everyone in the office. This year I couldn’t decide between two treats. One is my favorite that I grew up on (see blog on Jell-O Cake) and the other I found on Pinterest and it looked delicious.

The other dessert I made I was inspired from a blog (http://www.tipjunkie.com/smores/) via Pinterest. It’s chocolate covered Smores. I love Smores and when I saw these I just had to make them.

You will need the following ingredients:
Graham crackers
Large marshmallows
Chocolate chips
Melting chocolate (I used Almond Bark)
Sprinkles (optional)

Preheat the oven to 400*. Place the graham crackers out on a cookie sheet. Put a marshmallow on half of the graham crackers. (I used mini marshmallows as that was what I had in the house at the time. Worked fine, but next time I will be using the larger marshmallows). The other half of the graham crackers lay out chocolate chips. I put about 12 chips on each cracker.



Place in the oven until the marshmallows are the desired brown – about 5 minutes. When you take them out of the oven, immediately combine the chocolate chip crackers to the marshmallow crackers and press down. Then place the Smores onto another cookie sheet and place in the freezer for about 5 minutes. This allows for the Smores to set and it makes it easier to dip in the chocolate.

Melt the almond bark and dip the crackers from the freezer to cover about half of the cracker. Place on wax paper and if desired put some sprinkles on the chocolate. Let the chocolate harden. Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment