Pages

Monday, June 25, 2012

"I love you because" photo frame

I have two beautiful stepsons. They turn 6 in June! I have no idea where the time has gone… They always get too big too fast, am I right?

            It seems like every mother’s day my husband and I rush the twins out to the store and buy something for their mom. It is always neat to see what they pick out but somehow always ends up costing us WAY too much! (Honestly, more than what we spend on our mothers!) This year I decided to try my hand at something homemade. I’ll be honest, I don’t really know this woman as a friend, and our only encounters are picking up and dropping off the boys. It’s been 6 years and we’re still getting to know one another. Anyway, I’m trying something new, and hoping for the best!

1.     First, pick out a super cute frame. I found this one with the ribbon attached and everything at Michaels for only $8! I think that’s a steal.
2.     Then pick out paper for the background and the lettering. (I chose a blue on blue look because I remember the boys telling me it was her favorite color.)
3.     Then, using your cricut or dye cutting machine, cut out “I you because” on the paper you chose for letters. My letters were 1” tall.
4.     With a red or pink colored paper, cut out a heart with your cricut or dye cutting machine. (You can do all of this with the plantin schoolhouse cartridge.)
5.     Measure the background paper to fit within the frame and cut it to size.
6.     Then, using either the “x” or a glue pen attach the letters to the background paper.  Make sure to leave plenty of space for the empty line on the bottom where you write in your reasons.
7.     Assemble the frame with the paper inside making sure it is all aligned straight.
8.     With a permanent maker, draw a straight line where the bottom of the letters will sit. I used a marker and an index card to make sure it was straight.
9.     Lastly, attach a dry erase marker to the frame using Velcro.

And now you’re good to go! Enjoy seeing what your little ones come up with to write to their grandmothers, mothers or even just to the family. 


No comments:

Post a Comment