Pages

Thursday, June 21, 2012

Rolled t-shirt flowers


Starting with your t-shirt (any size is good) cut strips that are about 2” wide and about 18” long. If you want them smaller then cut your fabric to about 15-16” long. 

 
Fold over the shirt at the 2” side so now its 1” wide. Start rolling into a tight ball; this will be making the bud of the flower. Hot glue every few rolls to keep them in place. The tighter you roll the tighter the bud the more formed it will be. Keep rolling until it’s the desired center size.


To get the flower part you’re going to fold and roll the rest of the fabric around the bud. (This part is kind of tricky in photos so if you have further questions please check out this site http://cherrystreetcottage.blogspot.com/2011/03/fabric-flower-tutorial-at-last.html for a video of how to do this) At this point it is no longer 1” wide; I've opened it to the 2” so I get fuller sections. But you take the bottom part and twist up; it will fold over itself hot gluing every few folds. Keep doing this until there is a small amount at the end.


I like to cut the bottom off the bud. I like the look of the thinner flowers. When that is cut off I hot glue the extra (roughly 1”) onto the bottom. This just gives me a nice finished edge and a clean bottom for gluing onto the next project. I have also left extra so I can cut that into a leaf shape. I like it both with the fabric leaf and without.

You now have very adorable rolled t-shirt flowers. You can use them for anything!!! I put mine on my twine letters, gift wrapping, and a few on hair pins for a headband.



No comments:

Post a Comment