Pages

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Less than $6 DIY Hanging Flower baskets


I wanted to get some hanging flower baskets for my front porch. A coworker was going to a flower sale and I mentioned to her to check the price of the flower baskets. She did, to which I was thankful, but I was even more thankful when she told me that she made her own flower baskets for $5. What, 5 dollars?! Really?! Of course I inquired. Then off to Wal-Mart I went.

You can do it for less than what I did, as I didn’t buy the cheapest flowers they had, but I still got it done for under $6, which I thought was also really good.

This is what I bought:




I didn’t have anything on hand, so I had to buy everything. Here’s the price breakdown:

$2.74 for a hanging basket
$1.28 for each set of flowers – there are 6 in a set (I bought two sets for each basket)
$.97 for a small bag of potting soil
$1.00 for a set of 5 hooks

This comes out to $5.74 per flower basket. Next year will be even cheaper, when all I have to do is replace the liner of the basket ($.99), buy flowers and more potting soil.


First, I poured a little of the potting soil in the bottom of the basket.




Second, I took all 12 of the flowers and placed them in a basket.




Third, I filled in the cracks with more potting soil. Water and your done.



1 comment:

  1. Just what I was looking for, so excited to give this a try. Great work!

    ReplyDelete