Pages

Thursday, June 21, 2012

Easy Window Treatment


 I needed a new window treatment in my kitchen. The old duck valance was my mother-in-laws and it was just out dated. I was going to use this scrap of eyelet fabric to make a dress for my daughter. But when going though the fabric I had this popped out. I'm so happy I picked it up cheap and it was just the right size.

What you need:
sewing needles
fabric
iron
sewing gauge



 Measure your window.
 

  
Fold the top of the fabric over the curtain rod to measure how much you should sew down.


If you wish to have a finished top and bottom then iron your fold on the top and bottom. If you wish to have an even more finished look feel free to fold/iron and sew the sides also.

I used a zig-zag stitch on my hems.


Once you have hemmed the top and bottom the way you would like your finished!! So simple!!


I just took a piece of extra ribbon I had around the house to tie a bow to one side. I like this look because I can still enjoy looking out my back window.


I LOVE my new curtains!!

No comments:

Post a Comment