Pages

Sunday, November 18, 2012

Ribbon Wreath for Christmas


So I saw this in the Women’s Day magazine (December 2011) issue and thought to myself “I can totally do that”. It couldn’t be too hard right, just some ribbon and a ring. I did some things a little different then what the magazine instructions were, but I was very pleased with the turn out.

Here’s what I did. I used 3-4 spools of ribbon – roughly 4 yards each. Then I got a 14” ring in the bead section of Hobby Lobby. I cut the ribbon down to 10” pieces and simply double knotted them around the ring. Make sure the knots are close together and tight around the ring. The magazine said to hot glue a piece of the ribbon to the back of the wreath to hang it, but I just cut a long piece of ribbon and tied it around the ring like all of my other knots. I think it looks good and hangs just fine.

Here is the finished product:


No comments:

Post a Comment