Pages

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Coupon Binder


About a year and a half ago I decided I wanted to look intothis whole couponing craze that was going on. So I started to buy the Sundaypaper and cut coupons. I’ve become addicted and can’t help but crave thechallenge to save. About 6 months ago, my coupons were getting a so out ofcontrol, that I needed to get better organized. A coupon binder was the answer.

Things you’ll need:
3 ring binder
Baseball card holder (perfect size for coupons & goodprices found on eBay)
Tab dividers
Coupons

The first thing I did was sort my coupons by categories.I used sticky notes to help label them.






The categories I have used myself are:
Pantry
Fridge
Baking
Frozen
Drinks
Sweets
Meats
Cleaning Products
Paper Products
Dish Soap
Laundry
Hair
Body Soap
Lotion
Oral Hygiene
Personal Care
Make-up
Medicines
Office Products
Baby/kids
Dog
Places
Restaurants
Miscellaneous

These categories seem to work well for me.

The next thing you’ll do is to put your tab dividers andbaseball card holders into the 3 ring binder. After that start inserting yourcoupons into the baseball card holders behind the proper tabs.




If you are serious about couponing here are a few tips I haveto offer:
-         Only cut the coupons for the things you use. If youcut out coupons for items you don’t normally use, you’ll end up spending moremoney than you’ll be saving.
-         The exception to this would be if you know youcan get an item for free after the coupon.
-         Sometimes you’ll get coupons for free items; I keepthose at the front of my binder so I remember to use them.
-         Find a good blog to follow for couponing. Two I useare www.hip2save.com and www.moneysavingmom.com. These blogslay out exactly how to use your coupons at particular stores.

I hope this helps. Happy savings to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment